application deadlines for DO's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batista_123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are application deadlines for DO's the sames as MD? the reason i ask is i havent taken the mcat yet and i dont think i will be ready by september (the last month to take the mcat if you are applying to MD) . i am just wondering if i took it in october or november will i be able to apply to DO schools this year ?

Members don't see this ad.

are application deadlines for DO's the sames as MD? the reason i ask is i havent taken the mcat yet and i dont think i will be ready by september (the last month to take the mcat if you are applying to MD) . i am just wondering if i took it in october or november will i be able to apply to DO schools this year ?

Read up on the CIB for many general application questions. BTW many schools will only accept up to the September test. Like I said, though, read the CIB.

Members don't see this ad :)
if i take it in January, will i be able to apply to DO schools for fall 2009?

I did it, it is very difficult to get in but possible. You have to apply to schools that take late applicants and pray. If you have a good set of schools you apply to, you have a possibility.

Check the CIB. Find where the individual schools are described and look under MCAT. Each school says whether they accept the September MCAT and also the January 2009 MCAT. Don't waste time and money applying to ones that say they don't. They're serious. So study up, crush it in January, and make sure you have all of your letters ready to go or on Interfolio and all of the essays written for when you get secondaries. Also, you should still apply whenever you get AACOMAS done, so that doesn't slow you down later, as well.