Application Destination: Australia

Started by poly.deus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

poly.deus

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone apply or have advice/experience with Ausie Med Schools?

< Dont go if you are gonna practice in the States >
 
I'm in the final few months of my MD degree at an Australian medical school.
I also spent time in the USA and England completing clinical electives for my medical degree.
I'd say there's no real difference at all.
The only aspect I found especially different was the differences in insurance between the nations.
I still don't fully understand the US healthcare system's approach to insurance (and likely never will).
However, in terms of content, style of teaching, ward time, etc. they're all the same these days.
Happy to answer more specific questions, though.
 
I'm in the final few months of my MD degree at an Australian medical school.
I also spent time in the USA and England completing clinical electives for my medical degree.
I'd say there's no real difference at all.
The only aspect I found especially different was the differences in insurance between the nations.
I still don't fully understand the US healthcare system's approach to insurance (and likely never will).
However, in terms of content, style of teaching, ward time, etc. they're all the same these days.
Happy to answer more specific questions, though.


Interested in learning about this as well! I am just getting back into school after a long sidetrack in studies and trying to determine if my end goal is med school/permanent residency in Aus would it be better to finish undergrad here in the states and then apply to med schools out there, or would it be better to go there for undergrad as well? Seems cheaper to stay here and finish, but I'm 30 and also concerned about difficulty getting a visa for Aus at a later age. Any advice would be much appreciated!