Application doubt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pathinterpreter

Learning to seek the way.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply to take Step 3 at New York. At the application I read this:
"Before the board will approve an applicant to sit for Step 3, [...] his education must be verified by NYSED. It is recommended that you provide to the NY board all required documents by July 1, 2010 [...]"

Can somebody explain how do I do this? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

The state you select to register for Step III does not have to be the state you take the test in.

The easiest thing to do is probably to register in a state without annoying bureaucratic requirements, then take the test at a prometric in NY.

does it impact where you can practice or get your license? if not, what's the point of having different requirements for different states?

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no point. I assume the states with the strict rules have them in place since it discourages people from applying through that state and thereby wasting administrative resources. Seriously, who would want to fill out those forms and have their PD sign it too when you don't have to? What a waste of time, especially when FMGs can take this test without any training.