application essay

Started by farmgrl00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

farmgrl00

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I wrote my application Pharmcas essay already but I feel like it doesn't really "grab" the reader. It seems to have a typical, answer the question kind of beginning although the content of the essay is quite unique (my experiences that is) Do you guys think that the essay needs to have a really good " Lead In" so that people will keep reading it. I was also wondering if anyone whose already been accepted to Pharmacy School would be willing to share their application essay with me.

Thanks!
 
Also, has anyone ever used "essayedge.com"? would anyone reccomend using it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't written my essay yet, so I can't say that I know what they're looking for. But for the past 2 semesters I've been an English/Writing tutor so if you need me to look it over I'd be happy to. 🙂
 
Bananaface, please be around next year.

I'd very much value your opinion when my time comes for applications etc.
 
farmgrl00 said:
Also, has anyone ever used "essayedge.com"? would anyone reccomend using it?
I recommend EssayEdge.com, they were very professional when I had my personal essay reviewed two years ago. I remember I got my reviewed essay back very quickly. They really helped me answer the questions given by the school as complete as possible. They will also keep your original idea and help you through any problems that you might have. :luck:
 
I talked about relevant issues to pharmacy today, it wasn't difficult to find out what those were because 1) I already worked in a pharmacy and 2) I checked out pharmacy sites to see what their current concerns are. I talked about how pharmacists provide a liason between the patient and the physician and how educating patients and being the final checkpoint for maximizing therapeutic outcomes excited me and that's what I wanted to do. Showing them my knowledge of what pharmacists do - besides being glorified pill-counters and integrating that into my interests was the focus of my essay.

something to chew on...