Application Essays

Started by xtina
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xtina

Keep Moving Forward!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to optometry schools, and I would like to know if anyone has access to, or knows a website where I can view sample essays? 😕 I do not know how to start these things at all, or what kind of theme to aim for. I am in deparate need of help!🙁 This is all I need to complete my applications! 🙄
 
I just googled "personal statement examples" and found a bunch of sites that showed example essays. If you're still in undergrad the pre-professional office at your school may also be able to give you some direction. Good luck! I HATED the personal statement part!
 
Be ORIGINAL. Avoid clichés. Make yourself stand out amongst the thousands of other applicants.
 
I've only applied to 3 schools but my essay ?s were pretty straightforward. They tell you what to write about but YES, DO MAKE YOURSELF STAND OUT.