Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Application Essays

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by xtina, Dec 13, 2008.

1. xtina

xtina Keep Moving Forward!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I am applying to optometry schools, and I would like to know if anyone has access to, or knows a website where I can view sample essays? :confused: I do not know how to start these things at all, or what kind of theme to aim for. I am in deparate need of help!:( This is all I need to complete my applications! :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. blysssful

blysssful SUNY c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I just googled "personal statement examples" and found a bunch of sites that showed example essays. If you're still in undergrad the pre-professional office at your school may also be able to give you some direction. Good luck! I HATED the personal statement part!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jymezg

jymezg SCO c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Be ORIGINAL. Avoid clich├ęs. Make yourself stand out amongst the thousands of other applicants.

4. I've only applied to 3 schools but my essay ?s were pretty straightforward. They tell you what to write about but YES, DO MAKE YOURSELF STAND OUT.