xtina

Keep Moving Forward!
10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2008
Jersey City, NJ
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
I am applying to optometry schools, and I would like to know if anyone has access to, or knows a website where I can view sample essays? :confused: I do not know how to start these things at all, or what kind of theme to aim for. I am in deparate need of help!:( This is all I need to complete my applications! :rolleyes:

blysssful

SUNY c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2007
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
I just googled "personal statement examples" and found a bunch of sites that showed example essays. If you're still in undergrad the pre-professional office at your school may also be able to give you some direction. Good luck! I HATED the personal statement part!

jymezg

SCO c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Memphus, TN
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
Be ORIGINAL. Avoid clichés. Make yourself stand out amongst the thousands of other applicants.

I've only applied to 3 schools but my essay ?s were pretty straightforward. They tell you what to write about but YES, DO MAKE YOURSELF STAND OUT.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.