Quantcast

Application Etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NittanyKitty

NCSU CVM c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So, I'm waiting on notification about a summer internship, and I'm getting really anxious. I e-mailed the guy in charge about 2.5 weeks ago (before spring break) to see when letters/phone calls would be going out, and he said that it would happen in mid-March. It's now going into late March, and I hate to be THAT person, but I really need to figure out what I'm doing this summer sooner rather than later. I potentially have another position lined up down in Arkansas for a few months, and I hate to leave them hanging longer than I have to. Because, again, I don't want to be THAT person. Different kind of person, but you know what I mean. ;)

What do you guys think? Would it be over-kill to e-mail again and ask for their status? I wouldn't be so irritated, but it's getting down to the wire for decisions...

VAgirl

UC Davis SVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's past mid-March and you have other people waiting on you. Call and ask. If anyone tries to tell you they can't tell you when they'll let you know or some other unsatisfactory answer, you could tell them your situation and tell them you really do need to know at least when they will notify you of their decision. It's common courtesy on their part, so you shouldn't feel bad. You're just asking them to do what they ought to be doing in the first place.

Hobiecat1642

U of M c/o 2012!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it's ok to call and ask, if you have to, you can just politely explain that you have other deadlines for alternate internships, etc that you have to meet.

NittanyKitty

NCSU CVM c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. :oops: I contacted them again tonight, and we'll see what they say tomorrow morning. I feel like such a nag, but the summer just isn't that far away.