application fees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MelissaB

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about fees. The fee that we paid AADSAS, is that considered the primary application fee for dental schools? It seems that a lot of schools want you to send them a check of $65 to $75, along with a picture (NYU, Columbia, etc.) when you submit your AADSAS application. Is that considered a secondary application fee?

Members don't see this ad.

MelissaB said:
I'm a bit confused about fees. The fee that we paid AADSAS, is that considered the primary application fee for dental schools? It seems that a lot of schools want you to send them a check of $65 to $75, along with a picture (NYU, Columbia, etc.) when you submit your AADSAS application. Is that considered a secondary application fee?

The fee you sent to AADSAS is only for AADSAS. Basically, its a small fee for them to mail out your info.

The additional requests from the schools are considered secondaries since you usually have to fill out a second application to the school.

LOL, basically they're saying "We got your paperwork. Thanks, but if you really want us to look at it, that will be another $60-$75." This process has really suprised me at how the costs stack up. Add the costs of traveling for interviews and the total you're going to fork out goes through the roof!