uknowwhoitis

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi all,

I was wondering if its too late (not passed deadline but too late in rolling admission terms) to apply for jan 07 term. Also, what should I write about in the personal statement. I know the basics but what does the top carib. schools want. Thanks!!!

boukies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
uknowwhoitis said:
Hi all,

I was wondering if its too late (not passed deadline but too late in rolling admission terms) to apply for jan 07 term. Also, what should I write about in the personal statement. I know the basics but what does the top carib. schools want. Thanks!!!

I don't think it is too late to apply...if anything they will waitlist you for that semester and offer you admission into the may semester....as for your personal statement you can write about alot of different things, a specific experience you had that made you decide to become a doctor, a mentor that steered you in this direction, or why you can only see yourself following this path...the most important thing is that you are HONEST and GENUINE....alot of people try to bull**** their personal statement but admissions committees read hundreds a year and can tell which is which.

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It is not too late for Jan.

Your personal statement should explain what went wrong, why it went wrong and why it will not go wrong this time. Add some elegance and there you have it.

About the Ads
OP
U

uknowwhoitis

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
why it went wrong :eek: ? what do you mean....did something go wrong? :D ?? If your talking about my poor mcat scores (only on the verbal: 4, rest was double digit) do I really need to discuss it? Thanks. :)

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
uknowwhoitis said:
why it went wrong :eek: ? what do you mean....did something go wrong? :D ?? If your talking about my poor mcat scores (only on the verbal: 4, rest was double digit) do I really need to discuss it? Thanks. :)
:D
Anyone who is applying to Carib schools have something lacking in their application and that is what you need to address.

I forgot to mention that one of the most important aspects is a die-hard attitude that lets them know that nothing will stop you from becoming a physician.

OP
U

uknowwhoitis

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
got ya, thanks buddy I can really see how that can help, I mean you will be spending years on an island so they have got to be sure you wont b*tch out, right!

About the Ads