application helpp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sreshta

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just mailed my application materials to PASS for MS Endo and Ortho. I spoke to the csr and they told me that they do not require the original copies of GRE, TOEFL or NBDE scores. But when I spoke to the colleges they told me to send the scores to PASS becuase these scores are required for foreign grads. The PASS representatives said that they do not forward this info to the schools. What should I do now????????

Members don't see this ad.

I need to send my gre and toefl scores to uic and baylor.I am applying to two programs in uic do I need to send two copies one for each dept? can you give me the dept codes for endo and ortho for gre?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have any answers for you. You need to call the programs directly (UIC for example) and ask them if they want two copies or one copy.

Why is it that foreign students/dentists always expect to get answers in the forums without doing any leg work?

ItsGavinC said:
I don't have any answers for you. You need to call the programs directly (UIC for example) and ask them if they want two copies or one copy.

Why is it that foreign students/dentists always expect to get answers in the forums without doing any leg work?

I dunno. It's odd, and it seems that there are a ton of the foreign trained guys doing that on here right now. Drives me nuts.

sreshta
as i am a foreign trained too,want to ask you should we send evaluation of our transcripts to pass or just official translation,the program i want to apply doesn't need evaluation and only wants translation and i don't know should i still send evaluation to pass?

hi sreshta,
can u plz tell me which schools you applied to.I m a dental student from india n wld like to know bout schools that offer residency .pl mail me at "[email protected]"

yasi said:
sreshta
as i am a foreign trained too,want to ask you should we send evaluation of our transcripts to pass or just official translation,the program i want to apply doesn't need evaluation and only wants translation and i don't know should i still send evaluation to pass?

yasi said:
sreshta

Kind of a case in point. Oh well, I wish you guys luck with the process, I know you have several more hoops to jump through in a process that is already full of hoops.

Is it bad to apply to two different types of residencies at once?

Johnson22 said:

Duh...
NO it's not.

Johnson22 said:

Only if you want to get in........... but with endo and ortho being so clo$$$$ely related they'll never guess why your interest is divided. It will really help you to get interviews.

Dr. Pedo said:
Only if you want to get in........... but with endo and ortho being so clo$$$$ely related they'll never guess why your interest is divided. It will really help you to get interviews.
Someone I met at an externship that was also "externing" (pedo) told me she wasn't sure if she wanted to do ortho, endo, or pedo. I thought it would be an excellent idea if she mentioned that at pedo interviews.

Sommy said:
Someone I met at an externship that was also "externing" (pedo) told me she wasn't sure if she wanted to do ortho, endo, or pedo. I thought it would be an excellent idea if she mentioned that at pedo interviews.

Don't worry, it's probably in their files anyways.

From http://www.perio.org/education/app.process.html

Determine a definite career goal. Select only one specialty of interest and pursue it. Diversification in several areas makes a candidate appear indecisive, and can indicate a lack of sincerity or confidence. Word travels fast in educational circles, especially if a candidate is applying to more than one graduate program at the same institution. If you are undecided about a specific course of study, a general practice residency may be an appropriate interim solution. You can gain experience while you decide about a specialty.

:rolleyes: