Technology Application Hijacking & Viruses

Started by dankev
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dankev

Registered: Used
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping someone can help me.

My firewall reports the following:
"Application Hijacking has been detected
The application: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\NMain.exe try to launch another application: C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NAVW32.EXE"

I have gotten ~700 messages (and counting) from my virus scanner that it has found and deleted the virus JAVA_BYTEVER.A

What is going on, and how do I stop it?
 
Do you have the most recent windows updates and the most recent Norton updates? Get those. I also highly recommend Mozilla's Firefox browser instead of Internet Explorer. Go to www.mozilla.org for a free download.