Application in May and Fall 08 work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, i will be working as a grader for Statics and Dynamics for Biomed from Fall 2008. But i will be applying this summer. Should i include this in the application or not?

Members don't see this ad.

You can put it under planned coursework.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, i will be working as a grader for Statics and Dynamics for Biomed from Fall 2008. But i will be applying this summer. Should i include this in the application or not?

if you havent done it, then i wouldnt put it on the application. be honest with your application. dont want to jeopardize your acceptance over some small technicalities.

let say some applicant worked at a dental office from freshmen to junior year and he/she was going to continue to work throughout his/her senior year. he/she would put he/she worked for 3 years and not 4.

i just dont think we can put down "future" ECs. doesnt make sense to me.

i disagree with above. if you put it on, they assume you're not lying and can talk about it if they ask.
i feel the example given above is not a good comparison. you're not claiming a gross overestimation in time worked in a certain job, you're just claiming that you have the job. continuing a position as stated above, would be said as "2005-present".
on the application, you can put anything you feel is relevant that's happened to you up to that point, including a job guarantee (documented on paper that you accepted the offer, hopefully).
no offense to above poster.
hope that helps.