application list :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrea368

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know you get a ton of these,sory. Im looking for some input in my school choices. Im just wrapping up my application, finishing up my PS and fine tuning some things. Im planning on applying to about 15-20 schools. I took my kaplan diagnostic earlier this week and the scores were just terrible, especially chems. I am studying straight through (8-10hrs) til the test in the first week of july. Hopefully between the kaplan course, destroyer, achiever, and topscore i can pull off decent scores. But because i just dont know how this is going to turn out i figure might as well go full out on applications.

Overall and BCP gpa should be around 3.5, and I live in NY. Unfortantly i did take my calc and 1st physics at a community college. I have about 40 hrs shadowing, lots of community service (200+), I was a founding father/mother ;) of a community service frat on campus, an RA for 3 years, study abroad, and some other minor things (tri beta, equestrian team). My first year and a half (aka most of my pre reqs) were terrible. but have gotten one b+ in the last two years (not in a science).

Anyway the list

Boston U (doesnt accept CC prereqs)
Buffalo
Case
NOVA
Michigan
NYU
Ohio
Pittsburgh
Temple
Tennesse
Tufts
Stony Brook
Maryland U
UConn
USC
ASDOH
Marquette
VCU
UMDNJ
Midwestern

Some of these dont accept CC prereqs ( NYU, Boston, Temple) should I apply anyway, then hope they give me an acceptance on the basis I take them at a 4yr before marticulating? Also some, such as pittsburgh have new requirements as of 2008, such as psychology which I never took, same thing?

wow, sorry this is so rediculously long, but if you made it this far, thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I know you get a ton of these,sory. Im looking for some input in my school choices. Im just wrapping up my application, finishing up my PS and fine tuning some things. Im planning on applying to about 15-20 schools. I took my kaplan diagnostic earlier this week and the scores were just terrible, especially chems. I am studying straight through (8-10hrs) til the test in the first week of july. Hopefully between the kaplan course, destroyer, achiever, and topscore i can pull off decent scores. But because i just dont know how this is going to turn out i figure might as well go full out on applications.

Overall and BCP gpa should be around 3.5, and I live in NY. Unfortantly i did take my calc and 1st physics at a community college. I have about 40 hrs shadowing, lots of community service (200+), I was a founding father/mother ;) of a community service frat on campus, an RA for 3 years, study abroad, and some other minor things (tri beta, equestrian team). My first year and a half (aka most of my pre reqs) were terrible. but have gotten one b+ in the last two years (not in a science).

Anyway the list

Buffalo
Case
NOVA
Michigan
NYU
Ohio
Pittsburgh
Temple
Tennesse
Tufts
Stony Brook
Maryland U
UConn
USC
ASDOH
Marquette
VCU
UMDNJ
Midwestern

Some of these dont accept CC prereqs ( NYU, Boston, Temple) should I apply anyway, then hope they give me an acceptance on the basis I take them at a 4yr before marticulating? Also some, such as pittsburgh have new requirements as of 2008, such as psychology which I never took, same thing?

Yes, absolutely apply. I've contacted many of these schools, including
BU and NYU, and they will accept CC pre-reqs since you have a bachelors degree; it may be a strike against you but they do accept them. Only Tuffs and a few others flat out refuse CC credit. If you have good grades, good DAT scores, and a good interview, they don't care

Hey did you take microbio and sociology for michigan? I really wanted to apply there but I didn't take those two courses :(

Should I still apply?

Members don't see this ad :)

Anyway the list

Buffalo
Case
NOVA
Michigan
NYU
Ohio
Pittsburgh
Temple
Tennesse
Tufts
Stony Brook
Maryland U
UConn
USC
ASDOH
Marquette
VCU
UMDNJ
Midwestern

Your list looks good. As for the schools that mentioned they don't accept CC credits, it would be best if you call and ask them how strictly they enforce such rule.

I know for a fact Tufts is pretty strict about it, so I would suggest you take that out. :)

Ive taken micro and two sociology courses, but i neglected pschology in lieu of more upper level sciences. Frustrating no? Perhaps ill give them a call monday and see what they have to say.

So, if you do not have one of the prerequisite courses listed in coursework section of application, they won't even give you a shot at interview?

I have not taken a sociology class yet, but I'm interested in taking one in next spring if UM accept me in December and that is the top school in my accepted list.

about michigan's requirements...i sent them an email asking about sociology. they told me that you have to take all the prereqs before matriculating. no leeway