Application Not Verified = Miss School Deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frosty808

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does submitting prior to the school deadline mean that's when AAMC needs to have your application verified before that deadline and sent by that deadline?

Example:
School's deadline: November 1
Application submitted October through AAMCAS
Application is not verified until mid-Nov

Does this application meet Nov 1 deadline?

Members don't see this ad.

Do not do this. An app that late is not a recipe for success.

Reactions: 3 users
Does submitting prior to the school deadline mean that's when AAMC needs to have your application verified before that deadline and sent by that deadline?

Example:

It won't matter at that point, but, yes, the deadline is the date by which it needs to have submitted it to AMCAS, NOT when it needs to be verified and received by the school.

All of the neurotics on SDN worry about whether submitting in the middle of August is late. First submitting anywhere close to 11/1 is indeed very late, but will meet the deadline. Which will mean nothing unless you are literally a 1 in 1,000 rock star for whom they have been saving one of the last IIs.

For the record, most people who fall into that category tend to be among the first applying, and not the last racing to meet the deadline. The schools are very aware of this, which is why so few slots remain at the end for the last minute applicants. Don't do it!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
In theory, if one were to apply in October, your application would be verified within 1-2 days given that AMCAS would be caught up with verification by then.

According to data from the 2019-2020 cycle, you would be verified within 1 day if you submitted your primary in early September or later. If anything, this shows how late you would be, given that greater than 95% of people's applications would already be in.
verification.jpg

Example:

Thank you! Makes sense, my supervisor doesn't want to help me finalize my essays and I rather submit now and have my MCAT score. I couldn't get an early date so I have Sept 02. So I'm thinking of submitting without MCAT Score.

Question #1: Is submitting without an MCAT score considered "late into the cycle" since most schools won't look at your application without MCAT score anyway?

Question #2: When my score is realeased, does that mean the schools automatically get the MCAT score as well?

I'm thinking if it is not where I want it to be, I can withdraw anyway. But when I withdraw, I'm considered a re-applicant?

Yes, makes sense. I guess I figure I could I just wanted to use my Fee Assistant Program since it'll go to waste. It's been a crazy unstable home sitaution for me so I didn't take it in May (my original plan). Closest date after I reschedule for my MCAT is September 02 so I won't know my MCAT score till October 05.

So my thinking is to submit application in the next two weeks and then take MCAT so it's already submitted by Early August without MCAT score. But isn't submitting without MCAT score still considerd late? Applications won't be looking at it anyway until that they receive that MCAT score...right so a late MCAT still is a bust?

Question #1: Is submitting without an MCAT score considered "late into the cycle" since most schools won't look at your application without MCAT score anyway?

Yes. If you take the exam 09/02/21, your score won't come out until early October. Most schools won't review your application until it's considered "complete" which includes your primary, secondary, MCAT score, and LORs. There are a few schools, here and there, that will look at your app and even issue you a II before your MCAT, but very few schools do this and its too risky given how freaking competitive everything is. Plus they will consider that MCAT score before issuing an acceptance.

Question #2: When my score is realeased, does that mean the schools automatically get the MCAT score as well?
Yes. If you decide to apply this cycle, you can note on your primary application when you plan to take the MCAT. Schools will see this and will know when to anticipate your score. Once your score is released it will automatically be sent to all the schools you listed on your primary.

I'm thinking if it is not where I want it to be, I can withdraw anyway. But when I withdraw, I'm considered a re-applicant?
If you decide to withdraw after seeing your MCAT, you will be considered a re-applicant at schools that received your primary if you apply to those schools next cycle. If you hypothetically withdrew and had new schools next year, you would NOT be a re-applicant for those particular schools.

All in all, you plan is incredibly risky and naive. If you are gutsy and do go for this, I suggest you wait until your MCAT score comes out in early Oct. If your score is good, submit your AMCAS primary ASAP and you will be verified within 1-2 days. If you pre-write your secondaries, you can submit by end of first week of Oct. and be complete. If you get a bad score, don't apply this cycle you save yourself hundreds of dollars.

All in all, this is a BAD IDEA.

Last edited:
Yes. If you take the exam 09/02/21, your score won't come out until early October. Most schools won't review your application until it's considered "complete" which includes your primary, secondary, MCAT score, and LORs. There are a few schools, here and there, that will look at your app and even issue you a II before your MCAT, but very few schools do this and its too risky given how freaking competitive everything is. Plus they will consider that MCAT score before issuing an acceptance.

Yes. If you decide to apply this cycle, you can note on your primary application when you plan to take the MCAT. Schools will see this and will know when to anticipate your score. Once your score is released it will automatically be sent to all the schools you listed on your primary.

If you decide to withdraw after seeing your MCAT, you will be considered a re-applicant at schools that received your primary if you apply to those schools next cycle. If you hypothetically withdrew and had new schools next year, you would NOT be a re-applicant for those particular schools.

All in all, you plan is incredibly risky and naive. If you are gutsy and do go for this, I suggest you wait until your MCAT score comes out in early Oct. If your score is good, submit your AMCAS primary ASAP and you will be verified within 1-2 days. If you pre-write your secondaries, you can submit by end of first week of Oct. and be complete. If you get a bad score, don't apply this cycle you save yourself hundreds of dollars.

All in all, this is a BAD IDEA.
Wow, verified in 1 or 2 days... never heard of that! Is it cause it's late in cycle that it'll be verified faster?

Wow, verified in 1 or 2 days... never heard of that! Is it cause it's late in cycle that it'll be verified faster?

Yes. Look at the graph I posted earlier in the thread. AMCAS was caught up with verification by the beginning of Sept. in the 2019-2020 cycle.