Application on Hold for Future Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tottil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary reviewed and received notice that it will be placed on hold to be reviewed at a later date for a potential interview. I feel in limbo. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Members don't see this ad.

same thing happened to me for AZCOM. Feels like a nice way of saying you're rejected. That's the way I looked at it anyway.

What that means is that you can be called up to an interview, but most, if not all, of the time you need to be proactive by updating your file with the file boosting stats or you won't hear from them again.

Members don't see this ad :)
What that means is that you can be called up to an interview, but most, if not all, of the time you need to be proactive by updating your file with the file boosting stats or you won't hear from them again.

is this where the "letter of interest" comes in, or when you say boosting stats do you mean retaking classes/MCAT?

I sent a letter of interest before getting reviewed and I'm no longer in school. All I'm going to have to update with are volunteer hours.

I don't think I'll ever understand how admission committees come to their decisions. I'd take me in a second! Little biased, but hey, I like me.

I received a similar letter from Azcom 3 years ago when I was applying, it might have been around this time or a little earlier. I got an interview invite from them later on in January. I passed on it because I had already been accepted to 2 other schools.

It just means they will hold on to your application, and in the future when they are granting more interviews you will be given consideration. Don't get discouraged its better than an outright rejection letter.

Secondary reviewed and received notice that it will be placed on hold to be reviewed at a later date for a potential interview. I feel in limbo. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

hi, was this on your MWUnet or did they tell you on the phone?

i too have received an on hold from azcom, it came in the form of a letter through snail mail. I plan to update them with an abstract and new grades, but not too sure what else. What exactly is a letter of intent/interest? Should these be sent after an interview or along with secondary??

i see; for those that got the hold letter, what were your stats like and when were you complete ? i'm waiting to hear back from them too

maybe they're holding until they hear back from the students who have been accepted and have until Dec 15 to decide. maybe they've given out too many offers :scared:

i see; for those that got the hold letter, what were your stats like and when were you complete ? i'm waiting to hear back from them too

maybe they're holding until they hear back from the students who have been accepted and have until Dec 15 to decide. maybe they've given out too many offers :scared:

cGPA 3.47
sGPA 3.32
MCAT 25O (8,8,9)

Complete 10/6

I'm almost exactly like Honze.... 3.3 for both and 25O