Application on "hold"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Red58

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I need a little advice. I did a rotation at one of my top choices for residency and got two LORs. I still haven't gotten an interview offer there so I called and they said my app was complete with both letters and it was on "hold." I have no idea what that means. I'm also wondering about emailing one the attendings I worked there and ask him about it. I really loved the place and want to go there, but I'm not sure what next steps I should take to get an interview there.

Members don't see this ad.

looks like you have already done all you can. i can't think of making a bigger impact than doing an away rotation and gettings LORs from attendings in that institution.

being on hold usually means that they are still considering your application and should interview slots open up you will be considered again along with whoever else is on hold.

good luck.

Red58 said:
Alright, I need a little advice. I did a rotation at one of my top choices for residency and got two LORs. I still haven't gotten an interview offer there so I called and they said my app was complete with both letters and it was on "hold." I have no idea what that means. I'm also wondering about emailing one the attendings I worked there and ask him about it. I really loved the place and want to go there, but I'm not sure what next steps I should take to get an interview there.