Application on Hold?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pennywisdom

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. Do some schools put your application on hold upon reviewing your application? Or do all schools make a decision as soon as your application has been reviewed?

Thanks again guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. Do some schools put your application on hold upon reviewing your application? Or do all schools make a decision as soon as your application has been reviewed?

Thanks again guys.

Something might be missing from your application. Call them and find out.

i just got an email from UMD saying that upon initial review of my app, they're putting it on hold because apparently they don't have my DAT scores..
so i guess some schools don't automatically reject you if somethings missing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got messages from both UOP and PENN saying they are holding my app for my Fall grades. I recently finished my prereqs by taking physics this summer. In the Fall I am taking anatomy w/lab, physiology and cell bio. Do you guys think I should contact schools and update them with physics grade now because it is the last prereq? Or do I have to wait for academic update?

Thanks for your input.

I got messages from both UOP and PENN saying they are holding my app for my Fall grades. I recently finished my prereqs by taking physics this summer. In the Fall I am taking anatomy w/lab, physiology and cell bio. Do you guys think I should contact schools and update them with physics grade now because it is the last prereq? Or do I have to wait for academic update?

Thanks for your input.

Don't expect Pre-December interviews from them because you haven't met their pre-requisites yet. Some schools are very strict about this.

I think if you aren't granted an interview after the initial review of your app, schools keep your app in the pile until they either reject you or invite you later in the cycle. My question is do schools notify you if that happens? Or do you just have to assume that if you haven't received a rejection notice that your app is still being considered.

Call your schools now and ask if they would like your summer grades. I wouldn't wait for academic update, especially if the pre-req situation is holding up your app. The schools might just ask you to send transcripts directly to them.

ive sent a report of my summer pre-req completion to a lot of schools. Most do not mind it, some suggest it (columbia, nyu)

ive sent a report of my summer pre-req completion to a lot of schools. Most do not mind it, some suggest it (columbia, nyu)

CAN did you sent them directly to Columba and NYU? I need to send one too... but not sure if that's needed or not

you can fax an opened envelope transcript to both of them

you should just call all the schools and ask :X some don't some need you to send sealed envelopes

Thanks. Will go ahead a call and see if they want them now or when the academic update window opens.