Application Oops...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abertagnolli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a dilemma. I recently submitted (a week ago) my AMCAS application. As a reapplicant, a lot of my info tranferred from last year's application. I was really careful to go through and update everything that wasn't current...except for one volunteer experience I was doing last year at the time of application that I am no longer doing. Somehow I missed that -__- Since I already submitted the application I can't change it! What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

You cannot make any changes to the Activities section once you've submitted the application. I would let medical schools know either on secondary applications (many give you the option to inform them of any additional information you think they should know), in interviews (probably not the best way), or by calling all of the medical schools to which you've applied.

Is it something they're likely to even ask about? You could try sending AMCAS an email and saying the date needs to be changed to last August or whatever... For sure don't sweat it...