Application Permanent Residency Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Matrix0992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I was filling up my AACOMAS.
I'm actually pending my green card (Permanent residency) was wondering what details I should put under the citizenship tab? I applied for the permanent residency a while ago and it can come any time. Also I have been in the US for the past 12 yrs, I have SS, Work authorization which renews every 2 yrs, advance parole to travel. Also is there a list of schools that take international students? Am I even considered an international student?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you have the actual green card, don't lie on your application and say you are a permanent resident. You can update the schools after you've received your green card.

Members don't see this ad :)
What the others said.
For my example, when I applied for undergraduate programs, I was in the same situation as you. Many schools accepted me as international regardless of how many years I lived and high school graduated. NYU and Pitzer college told me that I have to have actual green card to be considered permanent resident. I provided all the documents and explained my situation, but nothing went through. Good luck to you

Also keep in mind med schools have to certify you for financial aid, and federal regulations are very strict about legal status.