Aug 1, 2014
Hi Everyone I was filling up my AACOMAS.
I'm actually pending my green card (Permanent residency) was wondering what details I should put under the citizenship tab? I applied for the permanent residency a while ago and it can come any time. Also I have been in the US for the past 12 yrs, I have SS, Work authorization which renews every 2 yrs, advance parole to travel. Also is there a list of schools that take international students? Am I even considered an international student?

mathnerd88

5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Unless you have the actual green card, don't lie on your application and say you are a permanent resident. You can update the schools after you've received your green card.

Ryomagoku

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
What the others said.
For my example, when I applied for undergraduate programs, I was in the same situation as you. Many schools accepted me as international regardless of how many years I lived and high school graduated. NYU and Pitzer college told me that I have to have actual green card to be considered permanent resident. I provided all the documents and explained my situation, but nothing went through. Good luck to you

Jul 25, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Also keep in mind med schools have to certify you for financial aid, and federal regulations are very strict about legal status.