Application process (Dental)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nealbhatt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Neal,
I graduated from UNC with a psyc ba 3.45 gpa overall and 3.22 sciences
I am taking my DAT sept 4th. Is my GPA too low? Could some one please help me out with the application process? I just started my Adsas profile.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Get moving! You need to get that AADSAS submitted because it can be a month before it arrives at dental schools. Do you have extracurriculars?

You definitely have a good chance of getting in. I think with your GPA, the usual recommended dat score is a 20 or 21 AA (I have seen the exact chart on another thread). That is just kind of a guideline, but it will be important to do really well on it since your AADSAS application will be submitted a little later in the cycle. If I were you I would start getting my letters of recommendation submitted and everything else so that your application will be considered complete once it gets to the schools (then just supplemental apps and fees). Another important thing to focus on is your extracurricular activities, volunteer hours, and shadowing hours. I'm not sure how much you have but that stuff goes a long way with admission committees.

Just try to get everything done quickly and apply broadly/smartly to schools (w/ average acceptance close to your stats and good out of state/ in-state acceptance rates). Good luck and don't worry, you will get in somewhere.

Hello, my name is Neal,
I graduated from UNC with a psyc ba 3.45 gpa overall and 3.22 sciences
I am taking my DAT sept 4th. Is my GPA too low? Could some one please help me out with the application process? I just started my Adsas profile.

Thank you!

Honestly speaking, I think it is a bit late to apply for this cycle especially if you JUST started your AADSAS profile. Your GPA is just average.

If you do decide to apply this cycle you need to get these out and in, ASAP.
Checklist:
Personal Statement/Transcripts mailed/LOR's
AADSAS Submitted (Takes about one week to verify)
Supplemental Fees (Takes about 2-4 weeks)
DAT upload and mail (Takes about 2-3 weeks)