Application Process Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayoung1029

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I had a question on this year's application cycle process if anyone can help me out. From what I know, you can start working on our AADSAS application right now but can't submit it in June 1st. My problem is, I am taking my DAT on July 5th. Is this too late? I was told that it takes like 3 weeks for schools to even receive your scores. I also plan on doing a committee letter and my school won't send out my committee letter until my exam.

I'm just worried I might be applying end of July. Is this considered too late? What do you guys think? Should I have everything ready by June 1st, submit my apps before sending them my DAT score? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Submit your app as soon as possible, an early July test date isn’t that bad as most schools won’t even start sending out interview invites until late July-early August, you’ll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
You can't change it now so just focus on the exam and do your best. It took 8 weeks for one of my DATs to get uploaded so email each school and see if they'll take an official copy (some schools do) and see if the committee will accept that too so you don't have to wait so long.

You will be completely fine July is pretty early IMO. I took my DAT on July 1st and applied, my interview invites came mostly in September through November. You should at least have everything ready before you take the DAT. I submitted my application to my 2 in-state schools before taking the DAT and then 7 more schools after seeing my unofficial score.

Reactions: 1 user