Application Process Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotstepper

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the US medical school application process begins a year before starting. But, I would like to begin medical school at one of the caribbean medical schools during the 2011-2012 school year after my regular school ends. When would I need to start the application process?

Members don't see this ad.

I know the US medical school application process begins a year before starting. But, I would like to begin medical school at one of the caribbean medical schools during the 2011-2012 school year after my regular school ends. When would I need to start the application process?

This question has been answered many times. For more information on the schools you are looking into, don't be lazy and just do a search. As for the application timeline, no such thing exists. Caribbean schools have "rolling admissions" policy whereby it's never too early to apply (you may be too late though). SGU has 2 semesters, Aug and Jan. I believe other schools have three (May, also). It really depends on when you would like to start.

This question has been answered many times. For more information on the schools you are looking into, don't be lazy and just do a search. As for the application timeline, no such thing exists. Caribbean schools have "rolling admissions" policy whereby it's never too early to apply (you may be too late though). SGU has 2 semesters, Aug and Jan. I believe other schools have three (May, also). It really depends on when you would like to start.

I am worried about applying too late because I want my winter quarter grades to be sent. I would like to start in Aug. and was wondering if applying during the beginning of April would be too late. I could not find any information on this.

I am worried about applying too late because I want my winter quarter grades to be sent. I would like to start in Aug. and was wondering if applying during the beginning of April would be too late. I could not find any information on this.

Yes, April is a bit late, more so because the August session is very competitive. But you'll have a chance if you have solid stats.