Application Process Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudentDogtor

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The application cycle for next year opened up today and I wanted to get some insight into how admissions works.

1) My main question is whether admissions at schools are on a rolling basis or whether schools start reviewing after the application deadline date. I want to make sure I don't put myself in a disadvantaged position by waiting a few days to thoroughly review my application.

2) Many of the supplemental questions for schools ask whether I have received a Pell Grant. What is the impact of answering this question one way over another? I am afraid that if I answer "yes" schools might think that I can't afford vet school or anything along those lines. Am I freaking out for no reason?

Thanks in advance for answering the questions!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Most are on an application deadline date. Some, last time I heard, are rolling admissions such as Ross (LIU for the 2019 application cycle though now they are using VMCAS now so I'm not too sure what they're doing anymore). If you're unsure, I'd double check with the school admissions process website. Only they can tell you

2) It just wants to know if you were a need-based student in the past. I clicked "yes" to it because I've received the pell grant as an undergrad and to my knowledge it doesn't affect your chances at all. The important thing is to be honest about the information you provide because schools can look them up anyway and dishonesty is grounds for rescinding any admission offers.

Hope this help! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
1) Most schools are not rolling. I know Midwestern and LMU are, but aside from that, nearly all are not. Do not submit until you are ready.

2) This will not be an issue. Don’t worry about it.

Also, if it helps, a majority of students cannot afford vet school without the help of student loans and scholarships. Schools will provide you the means to help you pay for your education.