application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stupidegg419

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think it is ok that I send my OAT score via email or letter to the optometry schools by myself before the schools obtain the official score report; so, they can review my whole application earlier?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it could hurt. Maybe try faxing it or copying the printout so it's more "official" for them?

Try calling the school to see if that would help them (that seems to be my answer for everything, but it helps, really!). I'm sure they need the official scores to completely process your application. But, maybe it would help them in deciding until they can get the official scores. Try calling the schools you applied to, to see what they have to say. But, so far I haven't heard of anybody doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think it is ok that I send my OAT score via email or letter to the optometry schools by myself before the schools obtain the official score report; so, they can review my whole application earlier?

I actually emailed a scan of my printed OAT score report to some schools for them to consider before the official one arrived. Some schools will take it.