application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student2121

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hearing from everyone and their interviews is making me nervous about submitting my AADSAS application in a week ago. How does the rolling admissions work? Do universities fill up their spaces until dec 1st on a first come first serve basis? If so it doesn't make much sense, it would make more sense if they reviewed/interviewed applicants and considered them equally up to the Dec 1st admissions or they would be placing less qualified individuals above someone else who may have hit a snag with college transcripts or LOEs.

I just finished a BSc in Canada and am new to this whole application process. What are my chances in applying later and having the following stats?

Overall GPA 3.63
Science GPA 3.84 (is this pre-req's only?)
AA 18
RC 19
PA 21

Members don't see this ad.

Dec 1st is the first date that schools can make an official offer. So before that there are not rolling admissions. From what I have heard from adcoms, they offer about half of their spot at that time, and then go on in a rolling admissions process to offer out the rest of their spots.