application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarfscarfscarf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm completely new to applying. Where can I find more information about the application timeline, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a pretty broad question; however, the basics are that after filling out AACOMAS it takes between 4-6 weeks to be verified. Then your application is released to the schools that you select. Either the schools screen you or not and you get secondaries. Then the ball is in your court to send out the secondaries plus LOR.

Were you asking about when you actually apply? Typically people apply there junior yr of college or whenever you less than a yr away from completing your pre-reqs. People applying now are hoping to be accepted and start in the Fall 2010.

Ask more specific question and read the sticky at the top of the pre-DO forum it answers alot of these questions.

i see. although, since most schools are about to look at my primaries now. by the time my application resubmits, wouldn't they have already have made up their mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
huh? Why are you resubmitting? Even if you are just submitting you primary today, you are still pretty early--not SDN early--but before the masses. People sumbitted into the fall, had interviews into Feb, Mar, Apr so no schools haven't made many decisions at all yet.