Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctosan

They call me the king
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many PT schools require applications be in sometime during Fall of the preceding year. I will not be done with the prereqs at that time (taking Anatomy 1 and 2 during my 5th year of college), so would this be bad for my application? (is it better to apply when one has grades for Anatomy on their application?)

Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak to anatomy in particular, but when I applied/interviewed, I was still taking Physics 1, and had yet to take Chem 2 and Physics 2. It did not affect my acceptance at all! I can see where it is possible that A&P would be a little more important to have complete before applying, but it may be a good idea to contact a few programs and see if they have any input.

I hadn't completed A&P 2 or the corresponding lab when I applied and I still got accepted. Obviously it's a conditional acceptance pending completion of the prereq. but it wasn't a problem for me. You probably want to check with the individual schools you're applying to just to see how they feel about it.

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully it won't be a big deal. At the time of my application, I will have already taken Comparative Anatomy, so hopefully that will help. If it doesn't work, I'll just reapply during the next cycle.