doctosan

They call me the king
10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2008
Earth
Status
Pre-Medical
Many PT schools require applications be in sometime during Fall of the preceding year. I will not be done with the prereqs at that time (taking Anatomy 1 and 2 during my 5th year of college), so would this be bad for my application? (is it better to apply when one has grades for Anatomy on their application?)

Thanks!!!!

Shanna3206

7+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2009
Status
DPT / OTD
I can't speak to anatomy in particular, but when I applied/interviewed, I was still taking Physics 1, and had yet to take Chem 2 and Physics 2. It did not affect my acceptance at all! I can see where it is possible that A&P would be a little more important to have complete before applying, but it may be a good idea to contact a few programs and see if they have any input.

Feb 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I hadn't completed A&P 2 or the corresponding lab when I applied and I still got accepted. Obviously it's a conditional acceptance pending completion of the prereq. but it wasn't a problem for me. You probably want to check with the individual schools you're applying to just to see how they feel about it.

doctosan

They call me the king
10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2008
Earth
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks for the responses. Hopefully it won't be a big deal. At the time of my application, I will have already taken Comparative Anatomy, so hopefully that will help. If it doesn't work, I'll just reapply during the next cycle.