Application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Sultan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am planning on studying abroad the spring of my junior year. I will probably be out of the country well into May 2003. If i take the MCAT in august 2002 (and hopefully dont need to retake it), can i still expect to be on top of the application process? I've been reading a lot of posts, and it seems that timing is an integral part of the process. Basically, my question is: apart from the MCAT, is there anything else i need to consider and take care of if i plan to be out of the country the semester before i have to turn in my AMCAS? Since i havent been through the process, i would really appreciate some help from those of you who have. •••quote:••• ••••"O talk not to me of a name great in story;
the days of our youth are the days of our glory;
And the myrtle and ivy of sweet two- and- twenty
Are worth all your laurels, though ever so plenty"
Lord Byron

Members don't see this ad.

Check out <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010171" target="_blank">Jalbrekt's Official Guide</a>.

Although he recommends taking only the April MCAT, if you are taking the August MCAT, still submit the AMCAS application before you leave the country and be sure your transcripts are in. This way your application is ready to go once the MCAT scores are released in October. Be sure you have people that have letters of recommendation ready to go or a committee letter ready to go once schools start asking for them. Best of luck...