Application put in a "hold category"??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GatorRxdaughter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you all think about my application being put in a "hold category"? I have never heard about hold categories, but that is what I have been told in a letter I received today. "........I have not been selected for an interview yet, but my application is still under consideration." I feel like this letter is neither good or bad! I am keeping the faith. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Sooo are you gonna say what school?? Sounds like what midwestern CPG or maryland will say. Anyway...just let us know what school...why u tryna hide it..the whole purpose of this is informative....and yes it is actually promising...a lot of people on this forum have gotten interviews off holds....including me.

What do you all think about my application being put in a "hold category"? I have never heard about hold categories, but that is what I have been told in a letter I received today. "........I have not been selected for an interview yet, but my application is still under consideration." I feel like this letter is neither good or bad! I am keeping the faith. What do you all think?

Yeah, I'm on hold too--at 2 different schools: UOP and Mercer. I've been on hold for like 3 months now and it sucks! I don't really have any advice for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same position as well. I have been on hold at Western, Touro, and MCPHS.

I would say its not that bad. I received a notice like that, but then about a month later was invited for an interview (still waiting to get the results!).

My letter had an option to notify them if you were still interested in the program, so they knew whether or not to keep you in the pool of applicants. I responded using their online form and I also emailed the office of admissions. In addition, I had done some more work since I had submitted my application (like got a job in a pharmacy) - I summarized these things in a 1 page document and forwarded it to the school to be added to be application file. Not all schools will allow this (another one I applied to said it was too late to add anything to my file). It wouldn't hurt to check with the office of admissions to see if you could do that (if it is applicable to your situation). I'm convinced it helped move me from the hold to the interview pool.

Good luck!

Sooo are you gonna say what school?? Sounds like what midwestern CPG or maryland will say. Anyway...just let us know what school...why u tryna hide it..the whole purpose of this is informative....and yes it is actually promising...a lot of people on this forum have gotten interviews off holds....including me.

It is East Tennessee State University....nope, wasnt trying to hide it. So, I am feeling like I am still in the running. I am hoping that I will hear soon that I am wanted for an interview! Thanks for all input. Would love to hear from more folks that have an app on a hold status. Thanks.

i have been put on hold too ,,by MCPHS....the reason been that ...i am missing a couple of classes from the behavorial sciences and humanities or somen but ,,,so i sent a courses in progress form showing that i was goin to tka e it in the summer ....so i guess am just kepping my fingers crossed cuz i really want t go this school ...

Just to let you guys know I was put on hold without an interview at MCPHS-W and they just sent a letter stating that their class is filled.

Sorry, my last post was directed to Gatorrxdaughter. I was just wondering if anyone that was put on hold got accepted at ETSU.

Hold is bad, eventually leads to rejection. Sorry for saying this but this is the reality. Hold means your app is not good enough to get an interview for the time being. Hold meaning that they are not even reviewing your app at the time being since there are lots of students with better stat than yours. Hold is not the same as waiting list. I was on hold for 3 different schools, eventually got rejected to all of them with just one interview out of 3 and eventually got rejected. Well, if you are on hold, move on and good luck with other shcools

Hold is bad, eventually leads to rejection. Sorry for saying this but this is the reality. Hold means your app is not good enough to get an interview for the time being. Hold meaning that they are not even reviewing your app at the time being since there are lots of students with better stat than yours. Hold is not the same as waiting list. I was on hold for 3 different schools, eventually got rejected to all of them with just one interview out of 3 and eventually got rejected. Well, if you are on hold, move on and good luck with other shcools

Sorry to hear about your rejections. If you don't mind, what are your stats?

well, did anyone on the "waitlist" get accepted into etsu pharmacy school? i'm on the waitlist and it's been awfully quiet.

well, did anyone on the "waitlist" get accepted into etsu pharmacy school? i'm on the waitlist and it's been awfully quiet.

Hey, I'm not sure of your status but I wanted you to know that I got accepted to ETSU off the waitlist three weeks before the first class started and a friend of mine got accepted four days after class started. I just want to give you encouragment. Don't give up on the waitlist. Good Luck!

don't give up hope. My friend was accepted off ETSU's wait list very late.. it may be the same person pharmbug is talking about. good luck, I hope to see you in a couple weeks.