Application Question About Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out my application right now and there is not a prompt for the personal statement. Are we supposed to just wing it or is the prompt posted somewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

I am filling out my application right now and there is not a prompt for the personal statement. Are we supposed to just wing it or is the prompt posted somewhere?

I winged it. I assumed that they just wanted something that would answer "Why do you want to become a doctor?" and "Why are you a good candidate for medical school?"

I basically recycled my AMCAS one but had to shave it down by rewording things because of the shorter character limit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you asking how you should write your ps? And if you should just post the first thing that you type out???

Are you asking how you should write your ps? And if you should just post the first thing that you type out???

I think he/she is asking what we should write about since there is no explicit prompt.

Welllllll, its a PERSONAL statement so idk if I can help you that much if its "what to write" your looking for. Try explaining your reasons for becoming a doctor, extra lil things in your life you have done that are pushing you beyond avg and so on. Btw if you are applying for this cycle I would start the PS writing NOW because you should go through about 7 drafts to make sure its what you want.