Application Question Regarding Awards and Achievements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pirateslifeforme

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
e

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I received an award from the national governing body of the christian sect of the church I attend. It had to do with my commitment to being the only altar boy in an extremely small parish. The only problem is that I received this award in high school, not college. Would it be smart to still put it on my application? Although I received this award in high school I still think that I reflects a lot on my character and commitment. Please let me know y'alls opinion, thanks!
I would say go for it. I included some stuff from High School. That sounds like an honor. Congrats!

That's iffy. In the instructions, under FAQs for that section, it says "How far back in my career should I list achievements?" (<-- which includes awards) And the answer is "it is recommended to include important achievements from during and after college." I'm sure you could list it anyway, but it looks like they are suggesting only college and beyond.

Reactions: 1 user