application question - type or print?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlongo1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to do the paper application because my statement is more than the 500 words that the online app permits. I wrote it according to the paper application guidelines. SO....I called the school (ICO) asking if I need to type on the paper application or if I can print neatly...they said I can print neatly. Yet - is that professional? Should I whip out my old typewriter and type it? What did everybody else do? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on doing the paper app for ICO for the same reason. I wrote out my app, but I'm typing my personal statement on the computer. I kind of have a lot to say b/c I had some personal/family troubles during undergrad and it hit my transcript pretty hard. Good luck to you! :-D

I too did the paper application and printed very neatly. Make sure to make a couple of copies incase you need to start over. However, I typed my personal statemment and attached it to the application. Oh these little things that worry us... I can't wait till the application process is over.

Members don't see this ad :)
I typed my response and the application, it is actually easier than printing if you copy the application as a picture from the pdf into word and then paste a text box over top. I hope that makes sense.

Anyways, if you are worried about your handwritting that is by far the easiest way i have found to type the application.

Good luck!

Actually, if you can, try to get a hold of an Adobe Professional. It allows you to type up your responses directly onto the PDF. Not only will it be faster, it'll look impressive as well.