application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

engmedpt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welp. I planned on waiting a cycle to apply, but Im doing it now. PTCAS received my transcripts last week and supplementals to my schools are done. My deadline for application is November 1st.

Outstanding parts of application:
-2/4 rec letters
-ptcas gpa calculation
-123/350 hours need to be verfied

My question is....when does ptcas actually mail your application to your respective programs? Will it be after gpa calculation or after all my letters and hours are in?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PTCAS mails your application when you have paid for it to be sent. They will calculate the GPA then send it. Your letters and hours need to be in before you even pay for the app to be sent off. When you pay for your destinations that means you have done your part and turned in all materials and that you are waiting for PTCAS to calculate GPA and send. PTCAS calculated my GPA in 3days and mailed everything out like a day after. It was amazingly quick. I was very surprised at how fast it happened. I feel like I got lucky.

My hours and letters aren't all in yet, but they let me pay for it. They said the verification could be in progress

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely lucky on your end. That's incredibly fast GPA calculation.

No, you do not need to have your hours all verified or letters all in before you e-submit. In fact, if you read the FAQs/instructions on PTCAS they say repeatedly that you can and should e-submit as soon as you are confident you have filled the application out completely. They will forward your hours verifications and letters to the schools as soon as they receive them.