Application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cindy82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was looking at the paper application that I downloaded from previous year to prepare for the online application that's coming soon. Under the section for coursework information, would you put the same course number for classes taken in two parts e.g gen bio I and gen bio II?

Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Cindy82 said:
Hi everyone,

I was looking at the paper application that I downloaded from previous year to prepare for the online application that's coming soon. Under the section for coursework information, would you put the same course number for classes taken in two parts e.g gen bio I and gen bio II?

Thanks for any advice.

YES, This might be different from a university to university, but I believe two of those courses actually have different course numbers.on your transcript. So enter the same course number like 2710 for calcI and 2710 for calc II or 2601 for GEN Biology I and II for course number, and then specify on transcript code. Like GEN BIO I etc. I remember it was a pain to enter all the courses but nobody really cares, as long as it close. On the interview they might ask you to elaborate on the courses you mention

That part of the application was such a PITA. I wouldn't worry about it too much. My undergrad school used a funky course numbering system so nothing really fit right in the online application, but AFAIK it didn't hurt me with the dental schools. At least nobody ever said anything about it...

Basically, you will input the number course by course. As long as you input different course titles, like Bio I and Bio II, with different course numbers, you will be fine. I found they just use this field to calculate your science GPA and general GPA. Be sure to choose the course title from science catagory if the one you took is science course, otherwise the course might be counted as non-science.