cowsgomoo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
Alpharetta, GA
Status
Hi everyone

I will be applying for the 2006 cycle. This means that this year’s applications will be ready at the AADSAS website in mid May. By this time I don’t think I'll be ready to take the DAT's (currently taking Kaplan classes). I was aiming at taking the DAT by the end of May. Should I still submit my application early or should I wait for my first DAT score? Is this even possible? If so will I have to individually mail the scores to each school?

Thanks in advance for you help.

bouncy_ball

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
Status
cowsgomoo said:
Hi everyone

I will be applying for the 2006 cycle. This means that this year’s applications will be ready at the AADSAS website in mid May. By this time I don’t think I'll be ready to take the DAT's (currently taking Kaplan classes). I was aiming at taking the DAT by the end of May. Should I still submit my application early or should I wait for my first DAT score? Is this even possible? If so will I have to individually mail the scores to each school?

Thanks in advance for you help.
Go ahead and submit your application as soon as you can and just have your dat scores sent in when you take it. Your dat scores are always sent in separately from your application. you choose the schools you want to send them to when you apply for the dat thru ada. also just to warn you, it takes a few weeks for ada to process your dat application, so do it earlier rather than later. you don't have to choose the date you want to take them when you apply. you schedule the date later through prometric. if you have q's pm me.

DB#1

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Burlington, ONTARIO
Status
Just like everyone here would tell you. Submite you application and then worry about you DAT, even if you don't get to do it till July, its ok. But submit your application as early as possibly.
And you should order the ADA to send a copy of the DAT to every school that you plan to apply to.

wimmcs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
Status
DB#1 said:
Just like everyone here would tell you. Submite you application and then worry about you DAT, even if you don't get to do it till July, its ok. But submit your application as early as possibly.
And you should order the ADA to send a copy of the DAT to every school that you plan to apply to.

Good solid advice, I agree.

Mr.E

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
California
Status
Okay, I know that taking the DAT cost money to register and stuff. But does the ADA or whoever sends the score to each school charge you for sending the score to the schools? Or is this included in the registration fee for the test?