Application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teething

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone who submitted their application already, could help me out?

On the Additional Information Forms of the electronic application, several questions such as:

Volunteer and community service activities and experience in a dental setting ask for dates.

Do you guys think we have to write in each specific, individual date that we volunteered?
Some of my volunteer activities and dental shadowing have been once a week on a regular basis.
For example, can't I just put that I've shadowed or volunteered every Wed. for the last # of months?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can write it anyway you like. Your way of putting it down should be perfectly fine. Make sure you answer all the criteria though like location, activity, dates volunteered (every Wed for # months); #hours.

Hope this helps.

DesiDentist

Desi
What if I don't remember when I volunteered exactly, but I know I had over 200 hours.
Can I just write, over 200 hours shadowing for Dr. X and Dr. X?

Beagle,

Like I mentioned in the above post. It really doesn't matter how you format it. The Adcom just wants to see your experience and I think just writing 200 hours is just fine. In a matter of fact, there was one volunteering activity that I totally forgot the date, so I just put down Summer 2001 and wrote the time I spent. Hope this helps.

DesiDentist