1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Application Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DiverDoc, Jul 26, 2006.

1. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    first of all I am taking the April 07 MCAT as a junior. That being said when should I have my primary app sent into schools ? ( I want to be early) Should it be sent in prior to taking MCAT? If so how long? Or wait till results are in 30 days later, then apply? All I can find on websites is deadlines.

thanks in advance

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Boner

Boner I just blue myself
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    In 2007 computer based testing will be implemented with 22 testing dates. My advice is to take the MCAT before April so you have your scores before AACOMAS comes out in May, that way you know where you stand and can submit early to give you the best shot at acceptance. If your scores are not satisfactory, you can take it again and still be relatively early in the application process. Just be sure you are adequately prepared to take the test; don't take it sooner just because there's a bunch of test dates and you have the opportunity to take it basically at your convenience.

4. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Good advice but Im taking Kaplan up to April exam... What do you mean by AACOMAS "comes out" in May...? Plus by April my scores will be in by 30 days, possibly sooner giving me still an early app. ?