Application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muscles00GT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be a junior this upcoming Fall and will be taking the MCAT in April of 2008. From what I heard, the admissions cycle opens up sometime in June for the following year (entering class 2009), so i plan on submitting my application sometime around then. If that's the case, when I fill out my application, do I put down extracurriculars/volunteering/shadwoing experiences that I'll be involved over the summer in 2008 and my senior year? I have some shadowing and volunteering experience now, but will have a lot more come summer of 2008 and my senior year and was wondering if I should put that down on my app. as well. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I used to be a Nittany Lion, too. ...then I never went to class.

Anyway, the general advice for EC's is "If you haven't started doing it, don't list it." If you're already involved with the new EC's (by a few months) by the date you submit your applications to AACOMAS, you should include them.

If you haven't started them, don't list them. You'll look like you're trying to pad your application at the last minute.

Best of luck,
-z

hey man im in the same position becoming a junior and also planning on taking mcats in april. i think i might start verbal now . what are your plans before applications??