application question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohgee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, the new format is pretty cool!!!

I know this is pretty late in filling out my application, but I encountered some problems when I enter information online. I hope one you of guys can help me out...

1) In the Coursework section, when i enter the class I've taken, they also ask for Transcript code...what's that? Does it mean a course code for my school? (ex-Bio110...?)

2) They ask for course hours..is that equivalent to units for quarter system?

3) They asked this question, "A6. Have you participated in any extracurricular activities or held leadership positions in undergraduate, graduate, and/or professional school?" A lot of my extracurricular activities are volunteering, etc, but there's a column already. I am wondering if it's okay to put in my hobbies, do they count? (i don't really have any leadership position in a club or anything...)

Thank you guys for your help!!!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

here are my answers:

1.) The course code stuff is all wack, they only allow a limited number of characters so I would just put as much as I could. If it was like BIOL202 it would only allow me to fill in BIOL20, but I just condensed it and put BIO202. So it really doesn't matter, I guess it is just something they look at if they have any concerns.

2.) For course hours they should have a check box indicating semester or quarter check the appropriate one.

3.) Do not put volunteering in extracurriculars since they already have another box for that. Extracurricular means anything that you do outside of class that they cannot see on your transcript.

I hope this helps.

DesiDentist

Thank you, that helps a lot...

one more question, what if a course with workload credit only...what do i do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ohgee
Thank you, that helps a lot...

one more question, what if a course with workload credit only...what do i do?

what do you mean "workload credit" ????

DesiDentist

no grades given in these classes....

Oh then you just put down "P" for Pass from the grade menu.

Take your time. I applied the first day of the application and they still didn't send my application in and they said that the first batch isn't going to go out until the end of the third week.

Hope this helps,

DesiDentist

sorry, another question....

where do i input the classes that i will be taking in the future??

thanks for all your help.