application question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mugicha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am applying to podiatry school this year and I have been filling out the on-line application. There is a section where it asks you what other health professions schools you have applied to. Is it looked down upon if you've applied to others? Is there any way for them to know if you have?

I've applied to vet and med school and I'm afraid it makes me look like a flake (which maybe I am).

Thanks very much

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of pod students were pre-something else at some point. If it weren't for pre-meds, podiatry would have barely any applicants at all. That's not because nobody would want to do pod as a first choice, it's just that most people think it's just a MD specialty. Your average person has no idea that that podiatry has its own DPM degree, and you probably didn't know that either when you were pursuing med/vet ;). If you're interested in the profession now, that's the much more important part...

Just be honest on your app; it won't hurt you.

A lot of pod students were pre-something else at some point. If it weren't for pre-meds, podiatry would have barely any applicants at all. That's not because nobody would want to do pod as a first choice, it's just that most people think it's just a MD specialty. Your average person has no idea that that podiatry has its own DPM degree, and you probably didn't know that either when you were pursuing med/vet ;). If you're interested in the profession now, that's the much more important part...

Just be honest on your app; it won't hurt you.

yep, i never heard about Podiatry and the scope of it until a half a year ago I think