application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hhhsmath06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi,
I am working on my app and I have some questions for you guys:

1. What should I enter under "date taken" for a class that I took as an AP class during high school?
2. my university uses "A,B,C,D" grading system (no A+, A-, B+, B- etc). What should I enter for a class that i made an 'A' in (A+, A, A-)?
3. Since CSPM required 8 hrs of engl, I'll need to take another english course next semester, how should i enter that class (date taken, grade?) on the application ?
4. CSPM also require 12 credit hrs of liberal arts, what are some courses that will count toward it? Do I need to enter these courses in my AACPMAS application? because on the app it didn't list liberal arts as a required course.
5. Under "extracurricular activities," it asks me to "describe" my activities within 250 words. Should i put it in paragraph form or list it?

Thank you guys so much in advance, I greatly appreciate it.

Hi,

1. What should I enter under "date taken" for a class that I took as an AP class during high school?
2. my university uses "A,B,C,D" grading system (no A+, A-, B+, B- etc). What should I enter for a class that i made an 'A' in (A+, A, A-)?
3. Since CSPM required 8 hrs of engl, I'll need to take another english course next semester, how should i enter that class (date taken, grade?) on the application ?
4. CSPM also require 12 credit hrs of liberal arts, what are some courses that will count toward it? Do I need to enter these courses in my AACPMAS application? because on the app it didn't list liberal arts as a required course.
5. Under "extracurricular activities," it asks me to "describe" my activities within 250 words. Should i put it in paragraph form or list it?

for your #3 cspm's website says "English / Communication Studies: 8 Semester Units" so if you have a COM class that would work too:thumbup:

liberal arts courses= anything that is not science, engineering, business, math...at least those are the only 4 i can think of that ARENT so i guess process of elimination?

for #5) don't overthink it:Dunless it specifically says it has to be bulleted, then you are not restricted to a certain format so either should be able to work...

:luck:

p0d

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

#1 - I assume you would list the date you took the course in high school.
#2 - The grade exactly as it is on your transcript. On the 4.0 scale, an "A" is equivalent to an "A+" being a 4.0, while and "A-" is a 3.7.
#4 - I didn't list the liberal art courses on my application. I think they look at your transcript for that.

Good luck with you apps! Maybe I'll see you at CSPM once I'm accepted. :)