Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorJ2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In order to apply do I need to have completed all the required courses, or do they only need to be completed by matriculation.

Also I received a C- in a Gen Chem course, do I need to retake before applying , or similarly just state in my app that I plan to retake it before matriculation.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You just have to have all of the courses completed upon matriculation and you'll want to indicate that you're going to be retaking the course in your application.

hm... i think in general, u have to complete them before matriculation... however, not all school holds the same rule..
for example, the school that i'll be attending actually wants the pre-req to be completed prior to registering for classes, which is in July... therefore some summer sessions might not work..
I think the best way is to call the admins or check out their website (often listed)
GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto on all of the above...also, just to clarify, you don't have to "state" per se on your app that you are retaking a course. When you enter your coursework, there are options for course type that indicate that they are future coursework. I'm not sure if you've ever filled out an AACOMAS before, so I just wanted to throw that out there. It's somewhat easy to overlook that option of the drop down menu.

Good luck!

hm... i think in general, u have to complete them before matriculation... however, not all school holds the same rule..
for example, the school that i'll be attending actually wants the pre-req to be completed prior to registering for classes, which is in July... therefore some summer sessions might not work..
I think the best way is to call the admins or check out their website (often listed)
GOOD LUCK!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UNECOM the only school does that?