Application question????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Msmouth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I have more LOR's than I need or if I don't like one, I have the option of deleting it?

I started a thread a day or 2 ago about having more than 1 dentist I would like a LOR from and I guess my question is, do they read more than 1 or just the first one, etc etc. Also can I switch the order?

Members don't see this ad.

If I have more LOR's than I need or if I don't like one, I have the option of deleting it?

I started a thread a day or 2 ago about having more than 1 dentist I would like a LOR from and I guess my question is, do they read more than 1 or just the first one, etc etc. Also can I switch the order?

If the LOR you upload gets mailed out, then you can't delete it. I can't remember if you have the option of deleting a LOR before it gets mailed out to schools.

Schools have different policies on LOR, some don't read more than 3, some will read all 4, some don't even read them. The order doesn't matter at all. If they just require one LOR from a dentist, and you send two, they may or may not read it it depends on the school. LORs play a really small part in the whole application scheme.

There's nothing wrong with too many LOR's (as long as it's not completely overboard). I had 2 different dentists write me one.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can delete evaluators before and after you e-submit the application unless that evaluator's letter has already been received by AADSAS. Once the status is marked as "received", it's there forever.

...and you wouldn't have the option of reading the LORs (at least not suppose to) so I'm not sure how you would decide if you liked it or not, that's one of the points of a LOR otherwise they would all be identical (even they pretty much are anyways)

...and you wouldn't have the option of reading the LORs (at least not suppose to) so I'm not sure how you would decide if you liked it or not, that's one of the points of a LOR otherwise they would all be identical (even they pretty much are anyways)

You will never be able to read them (unless your writer has you write the letter for them or they slip you a copy or let you read it before they submit it). Intercepting it in AADSAS between the writer and the school would kind of defeat the purpose of these letters. If they're quality letters, they won't really all be identical letters. Choose your evaluators wisely. A writer could very well write bad things if they choose to.

When you enter the names of those who will write your letters into AADSAS, you will have to indicate whether or not you waive or not waive your rights to access to the letter. Don't confuse this with thinking you can see your letter. Even if you choose to not waive your rights to access the letter, you can't have access to it until the school is done with it. And even then, it's up to the school whether or not they will let you see it anyway. And it would essentially be pointless to see it at that point anyway.

You will never be able to read them (unless your writer has you write the letter for them or they slip you a copy or let you read it before they submit it). Intercepting it in AADSAS between the writer and the school would kind of defeat the purpose of these letters. If they're quality letters, they won't really all be identical letters. Choose your evaluators wisely. A writer could very well write bad things if they choose to.

When you enter the names of those who will write your letters into AADSAS, you will have to indicate whether or not you waive or not waive your rights to access to the letter. Don't confuse this with thinking you can see your letter. Even if you choose to not waive your rights to access the letter, you can't have access to it until the school is done with it. And even then, it's up to the school whether or not they will let you see it anyway. And it would essentially be pointless to see it at that point anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up! I assumed they meant you could read it. Now I have some decisions to make, thanks a lot for the info!