Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UpstateNY518

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this site. I am a student at the University at Albany and am finishing up my B.S. in Biology and am applying to some schools for pharmacy. I was wondering the chances of me getting accepted late in the process since I am not taking the PCAT till January. I have a GPA around 3.7 and high grades in organic chemistry and my upper level Bio's.

Members don't see this ad.

What schools are you applying to?

I am applying to the Albany Pharmacy Vermont campus, St John Fisher, and possibly Touro NY unless their are other suggestions as well

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get it in before December, you might still have a chance. I would also look at the deadlines of the school you are applying to and whether or not they are rolling or not. If they are rolling admissions, then you should apply and get in your materials as soon as possible. However, I would not wait past December, EVEN IF YOUR PCAT SCORES WON'T GET SENT IN TILL LATER. You can always tell the school that your scores will be coming in after January. It's best to get your material in early and only wait for your PCAT scores to be sent than to send everything later. PHARMCAS TAKES A LONG TIME to process all your materials. With that said, I would send everything in as soon as you can so that pharmCAS can calculate your GPA ...

Hope that helps. :)

I am applying to the Albany Pharmacy Vermont campus, St John Fisher, and possibly Touro NY unless their are other suggestions as well

SUNY BUFFALO or LECOM ERIE are in driving distance.

I heard those were good schools as well. So with a gpa around 3.6-3.7 and strong organic grades of A's. Even if I dont get in for this late application process Im assuming theirs a good chance I get in for the following year. If I didnt I would just possibly take some graduate courses and see where that goes in the mean time. Thanks Again for the help guys

Another question I have is if I do not get in this coming year and I take courses through out the summer and or next year would pharmcas still make me redo the whole application process or would they have my recommendations all set up still and allow me to just update my course list? Just wondering incase I dont get in for fall and want to start applying for early decision in lets say october am I allowed to do it that quickly..Thanks for the help in advance