Application Review Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coldcase331

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping that ADCOMS like @Goro @gyngyn can help out with this question. A lot of us see people who submitted secondary applications later gain progress in the process quicker than those that submitted a lot earlier for certain schools. Do schools have any sort of order in which they review applications?
 
Gonnif made a post today on this sort of thing. But it's top candidates in terms of stats and *wow* factors (like being a veteran) that get apps pulled the quickest. Sometimes the "hook" will make up for lower stats.


I'm hoping that ADCOMS like @Goro @gyngyn can help out with this question. A lot of us see people who submitted secondary applications later gain progress in the process quicker than those that submitted a lot earlier for certain schools. Do schools have any sort of order in which they review applications?
 
I'm hoping that ADCOMS like @Goro @gyngyn can help out with this question. A lot of us see people who submitted secondary applications later gain progress in the process quicker than those that submitted a lot earlier for certain schools. Do schools have any sort of order in which they review applications?
This varies by school and the sophistication of their software.
If you have the capacity to flag what you are looking for, the target candidates get pulled first.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see, so would it be safe to say that most state schools will pull IS applications first? I'm doing pretty good so far this application cycle with an II already, just curious why people who submitted weeks after me are either getting rejected/II/on-hold before my application gets looked at.
 
I see, so would it be safe to say that most state schools will pull IS applications first? I'm doing pretty good so far this application cycle with an II already, just curious why people who submitted weeks after me are either getting rejected/II/on-hold before my application gets looked at.
Depends. Some state schools rely on OOS tuition to fund the enterprise.
 
Fair enough. And @Goro , do you mind sharing the link that you are referring to? I can't seem to find it.