coldcase331

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I'm hoping that ADCOMS like @Goro @gyngyn can help out with this question. A lot of us see people who submitted secondary applications later gain progress in the process quicker than those that submitted a lot earlier for certain schools. Do schools have any sort of order in which they review applications?

Reactions: tenblackalps

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Gonnif made a post today on this sort of thing. But it's top candidates in terms of stats and *wow* factors (like being a veteran) that get apps pulled the quickest. Sometimes the "hook" will make up for lower stats.

I'm hoping that ADCOMS like @Goro @gyngyn can help out with this question. A lot of us see people who submitted secondary applications later gain progress in the process quicker than those that submitted a lot earlier for certain schools. Do schools have any sort of order in which they review applications?

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
This varies by school and the sophistication of their software.
If you have the capacity to flag what you are looking for, the target candidates get pulled first.

OP
coldcase331

coldcase331

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I see, so would it be safe to say that most state schools will pull IS applications first? I'm doing pretty good so far this application cycle with an II already, just curious why people who submitted weeks after me are either getting rejected/II/on-hold before my application gets looked at.

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
I see, so would it be safe to say that most state schools will pull IS applications first? I'm doing pretty good so far this application cycle with an II already, just curious why people who submitted weeks after me are either getting rejected/II/on-hold before my application gets looked at.
Depends. Some state schools rely on OOS tuition to fund the enterprise.

OP
coldcase331

coldcase331

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Fair enough. And @Goro , do you mind sharing the link that you are referring to? I can't seem to find it.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student