Yup, plenty early.
Goro, is late June submission of AACOMAS primary considered early for DO Schools? I want to get my AMCAS submitted before working on my AACOMAS.
Watch out for the MCAT VR reading comprehension section. Required means "required". In the absolute worst case scenario, you can always go take a non-science course at a local CC, chat the prof, and then ask him/her to write a LOR.
For schools that require non science rec letters, is that requirement absolute i.e. Penn state? I don't have any non-science letters (only science ones: 1 from PI, 1 from community service, 3 from science professors). SHould I still apply to schools that want non-science letters? I called the admissions office for penn state and they just said they can't tell me to apply or not...
So when you interview at Drexel and you're asked "Why Drexel and not X?" you'll just fumble around for an answer? Just say "it's a medical school"? You should be able to articulate an answer to anything you're prompted for. Even if the answer is "it's a great school". Why is it a great school? Come up with A, B, C...
I meant that it seems pointless to explain to Drexel why you have *special* interest in their school i.e. more interest in their school than other schools if there truly isn't a significant difference between them and most other schools. And so going out of your way to try to appear specially interested in a school might not be a good strategy for a secondary essay unless it is specifically asking "why do you want to go to this specific school". And if they do ask that question, you are pretty much forced to give a general answer that could be recycled for many other schools.
Not that I'm aware of, but you can get a decent rule of thumb by applying the "LizzyM score" = GPA x 10 + MCAT score of matriculants, compared to yours. Do a search for it in these forums...you'll find it. I've noticed the higher the tier, the higher the numbers fo the matriculants, and the tighter the 10th-90th percentiles for these numbers. For example, with GPA, Rush's spread is 3.43-3.92, median at 3.7 (they're more forgiving for MCAT scores) while Harvard is 3.73-4.0, with median at 3.9! So Rush's LizzyM score is 68, while Harvard's is 76. FYI, DO schools have a huge overlaps in these scores with the 3rd tiers.
Is there a low-tier list someplace?
The anxiety level is certainly up there. However neurotic SDNers can be at times, I've found the vast majority of posters here to be quite altruistic and eager to help. In the pre-allo forum I see lots of respect for Osteopathy.
To me, a 34 is > avg, and is in striking distance of many mid-tiers, like, say, Dartmouth, where it's the avg score (!), Duke, or even NYU. Remember, MSAR Online IS your friend!
I think a 34 is like 95th percentile but damn, I feel like that entire upper 5% is on sdn