Application sent june 29th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TranceMaster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 6 schools inlcuding NYU and Western in June. Is there anyone else that had there aadsas application sent in June and hasn't had an interview/or rejection but there application is still under review? I called 5 out of the 6 schools and they are under review still. Can anyone put some input on whats going on?

Members don't see this ad.

Were you overconfident in only applying to 6 school?

Stats?

No I was not overconfident in anyway. I thought I can apply early to have a better chance of getting in. My stats are cum gpa 3.3 and DAT average of 18, so i am a weaker applicant. I didn't realize how weak I was until i joined this site lol

Members don't see this ad :)
No I was not overconfident in anyway. I thought I can apply early to have a better chance of getting in. My stats are cum gpa 3.3 and DAT average of 18, so i am a weaker applicant. I didn't realize how weak I was until i joined this site lol

Trance, whats your overall GPA and whats your science GPA? also whats your DAT breakdown?

Sounds like the schools you applied to forgot to add the extract points for applying early.

Overall GPA: 3.30
Science GPA: 3.20
Non-Science: 3.50

DAT: Math -18, Reading -17, O Chem- 18, Biology-18, G Chem-19, PA-20

I am not complaining just puzzled because some ppl have been rejected from NYU but I havent even heard a thing =/

I will retake the DAT, but my concern is that i havn't heard anything yet and the wait has been 6 months. I just don't see how they cannot make a decision given that they've had all this time and give me peace of mind.

I just don't see how they cannot make a decision given that they've had all this time and give me peace of mind.

It's better if you just forget about it and start thinking about the next cycle. Does a rejection letter really mean that much to you? I'll send you one if you want lol

It's better if you just forget about it and start thinking about the next cycle. Does a rejection letter really mean that much to you? I'll send you one if you want lol

In some senses yes; if asked some schools will give you feedback on what you can improve on. There might be other reasons besides the DAT scores and It will provide valuable information for the next cycle. I could forget about it but you know it's not over until it's over and there is always that faith and hope that I might get a chance.

my stats are the same as yours except 19DAT & 4 acceptances

hmm I did undergraduate research all 4 years of undergrad ... maybe that was the difference?

I will retake the DAT, but my concern is that i havn't heard anything yet and the wait has been 6 months. I just don't see how they cannot make a decision given that they've had all this time and give me peace of mind.

They have made a decision and so far it is a no. They are not in any particular hurry to give the roughly 4K applicants "peace of mind".

Members don't see this ad :)

:laugh::laugh:

but OP seriously, you should have applied to like ~15 schools.

Just need to do some better research on what scores and GPA is competative. By the looks of it you didn't do that... Good luck next year!

sorry to kind of jump in on this thread, OP i'm sorry i don't have any answers to your question but i had a similar question that was sort of answered by this post. just to clarify - some schools don't necessarily send any formal notice of rejection, it's just sort of assumed if they haven't contacted you? (I applied quite later than the OP however, 11/11/11)

I applied to 6 schools inlcuding NYU and Western in June. Is there anyone else that had there aadsas application sent in June and hasn't had an interview/or rejection but there application is still under review? I called 5 out of the 6 schools and they are under review still. Can anyone put some input on whats going on?
hmmm

Last edited:
my stats are the same as yours except 19DAT & 4 acceptances

hmm I did undergraduate research all 4 years of undergrad ... maybe that was the difference?

maybe its because you're a URM?

Overall GPA: 3.30
Science GPA: 3.20
Non-Science: 3.50

DAT: Math -18, Reading -17, O Chem- 18, Biology-18, G Chem-19, PA-20

I am not complaining just puzzled because some ppl have been rejected from NYU but I havent even heard a thing =/

Retake the DAT and take some masters or post-bacc like program to boost up that weak science GPA. Your overall is gonna get boosted if you take science classes and get above B+s.

Good luck in the journey ahead. :)

If you applied this cycle and is now looking to apply next cycle, I don't think you have the time to boost your GPA. I recommend doing some more volunteer work, maybe a little more shadowing, but most of all, study your butt off and retake the DAT.

sorry to kind of jump in on this thread, OP i'm sorry i don't have any answers to your question but i had a similar question that was sort of answered by this post. just to clarify - some schools don't necessarily send any formal notice of rejection, it's just sort of assumed if they haven't contacted you? (I applied quite later than the OP however, 11/11/11)

School's will send a formal notice of rejection when they reject you. It might be in May of next year however. Otherwise, you're in "review" until they want to interview you. But if it's really late in the cycle, then you can pretty much assume its a rejection and stop hanging on to hope.