Application Status/GPA Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p1neappleju1ce

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I e-submitted my application a little more than a week ago. All my transcripts, GRE's, and letters of recommendations have arrived. I was wondering how long it took on average for you guys to get your application status completed/verified? I know it says it could take up to 5 weeks to process, but did anyone get it processed sooner than that? If so how long?

Members don't see this ad.

I e-submitted mine on July 31st, and mine just got verified today. So it only really took about 2 weeks

I e-submitted mine on July 31st, and mine just got verified today. So it only really took about 2 weeks

Is this after your transcripts showed up? I submitted mine on July 17th but there was an issue with one of my transcripts and it didn't arrive until August 5th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-submitted exactly a week ago (8/7) and mine was just verified this morning!

It doesn't say they've mailed yet though, and one of my references isn't in yet; can your designated programs not see your application until all of those are in? Not sure exactly how this works.

I'm glad you made this post. I am also curious to see how everyone else's PTCAS process is going.

I e-submitted my application 7/15

All transcripts arrived by 7/22

Application verified 8/6

My mailing status still says "pending"

I e-submitted on 8/3 with both GRE's and transcript in and my application was verified this morning as well.:)

Aight. I submitted mine on July 17th, last transcript arrived on August 5th, not verified. Called PTCAS, they told me to stop worrying about it. I'll give it another week and a half before I do.

Any updates on verifications? I submitted almost 2 weeks ago

I'm glad you made this post. I am also curious to see how everyone else's PTCAS process is going.

Application verified 8/6

My mailing status still says

Application verified 8/6

My mailing status still says "pending"
My mailing status currently says pending as well. However, all the schools I applied to informed me that they have received my application. It is likely that yours have as well. Goodluck along the whole process!

Probably a silly question, but where do you see the mailing status?

Probably a silly question, but where do you see the mailing status?
If you login to the mobile portal then click "PT designations" you will see it.

Reactions: 1 user
I e-submitted exactly a week ago (8/7) and mine was just verified this morning!

It doesn't say they've mailed yet though, and one of my references isn't in yet; can your designated programs not see your application until all of those are in? Not sure exactly how this works.

PTCAS won't hold your app for any missing references, but they will send it out after they receive it even after your app has been processed.

PTCAS won't hold your app for any missing references, but they will send it out after they receive it even after your app has been processed.

Thanks. I called them earlier today and found out that same thing; apparently they just only mail them out once per week, so mine just must have missed the mailing time, but they said it should be mailed soon with this week's batch. Good news for me, because I didn't want to be waiting on that one reference when I only need it for one of my schools.

One other question (to anyone who may know): can you add in new references after e-submitting? I'm considering just deleting that last reference if so and adding a new one in her place, as I now have another individual who would meet the same requirement that I think would be more reliable in getting one in for me quickly... I've browsed the instructions on the PTCAS site but haven't found an answer to that yet, and I didn't think to ask when I called them this morning.

Anyone else have trouble with the PTCAS Mobile app? Is it the same username and password as PTCAS? For some reason, mine keeps saying invalid.

Anyone else have trouble with the PTCAS Mobile app? Is it the same username and password as PTCAS? For some reason, mine keeps saying invalid.
Hey Summer921,
Has your application been verified yet? I also had trouble signing into the mobile portal at first. It wasn't until my application was verified that I was able to sign in.

Hello everyone, I just discovered this site tonight (and really wish I found it months ago).

I just e-submitted my app 8/20. I have two of my three transcripts in, and after speaking with the last school, they say it went out in the mail yesterday.
I am extremely frustrated with them because they misplaced the request I made over 3 weeks ago. I had to make another request and its just now going out.

My concern is how this will delay the processing of my application. My #1 school of interest has an October 1 deadline, and if the transcript gets there by next Friday that only leaves less than 5 weeks of processing time before the deadline.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? Do you think it'd be worthwhile for me to contact my #1 school to explain the delay in the processing?
ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Hello everyone, I just discovered this site tonight (and really wish I found it months ago).

I just e-submitted my app 8/20. I have two of my three transcripts in, and after speaking with the last school, they say it went out in the mail yesterday.
I am extremely frustrated with them because they misplaced the request I made over 3 weeks ago. I had to make another request and its just now going out.

My concern is how this will delay the processing of my application. My #1 school of interest has an October 1 deadline, and if the transcript gets there by next Friday that only leaves less than 5 weeks of processing time before the deadline.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? Do you think it'd be worthwhile for me to contact my #1 school to explain the delay in the processing?
ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Is your school a rolling admissions school? Is there a Supplemental application involved?

I'm assuming your school isn't rolling admission, because a rolling program typically wouldn't have the earliest possible deadline. So an application that's received near the deadline isn't a detriment to your chances. The PTCAS website states that the deadlines reflect when your materials must arrive at PTCAS, NOT the school. So even if your app isn't verified by October 1st, I think you're okay.

In regards to a supplemental application, find out whether A) There is one, and B) if you can access it before your primary app is received.

All in all you should be okay. I would contact the school anyway, not just to explain your situation but also simply to develop a dialogue with them and build a relationship.

Reactions: 1 user
Is your school a rolling admissions school? Is there a Supplemental application involved?

I'm assuming your school isn't rolling admission, because a rolling program typically wouldn't have the earliest possible deadline. So an application that's received near the deadline isn't a detriment to your chances. The PTCAS website states that the deadlines reflect when your materials must arrive at PTCAS, NOT the school. So even if your app isn't verified by October 1st, I think you're okay.

In regards to a supplemental application, find out whether A) There is one, and B) if you can access it before your primary app is received.

All in all you should be okay. I would contact the school anyway, not just to explain your situation but also simply to develop a dialogue with them and build a relationship.
Ok, thanks for the great advice! There is a supplemental app, which I completed a week ago. I think I may be okay, because the supplemental app required unofficial transcripts... So at least that's something. But yes! I will definitely get in contact with the school if I don't see that the last transcript has gone in by this Friday.

Thanks again! :)

Hey Summer921,
Has your application been verified yet? I also had trouble signing into the mobile portal at first. It wasn't until my application was verified that I was able to sign in.

Yes it was verified on Friday. I'm still unable to login though for some reason to the Mobile app