Application Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wowzer89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which status update is the final one before an interview is potentially offered? Some of mine say "application complete" while others say "under review". Any thoughts on this?
Thanks!
ps... decision status.. not application status.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Based on my experience, some will still say under review/ app complete even after the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What if, it shows "none" on decision status and shows "received" on application status, what does that mean?
Thanks

What if, it shows "none" on decision status and shows "received" on application status, what does that mean?
Thanks
probably don't start reviewing till later (august) or they don't use the AADSAS portal whatsoever

probably don't start reviewing till later (august) or they don't use the AADSAS portal whatsoever
Will schools email/ notify you after you submit the primary application?

Will schools email/ notify you after you submit the primary application?
I think most schools notify that they've received your application or something like that. but not all. for example columbia just sent an email to pay the secondary but from my understanding they don't use email to communicate the status of application. it depends on each school but most will communicate with you in order to tell you to do the fee or to inform you that they have everything

Yes most schools do! Some don't because they don't start til August.
I think most schools notify that they've received your application or something like that. but not all. for example columbia just sent an email to pay the secondary but from my understanding they don't use email to communicate the status of application. it depends on each school but most will communicate with you in order to tell you to do the fee or to inform you that they have everything
In general, how long after you submit the application, the schools will notify you?

In general, how long after you submit the application, the schools will notify you?
Some in 24 hours some 1-3 days. Some haven't yet! So just give a week or so =)

some the next days, other a few days. I still haven't heard anything from schools like A&M (i'm OOS), temple, columbia (besides the email to pay the fee) and like another school. i wouldn't worry much about it. u can always call to those schools if you really want to and ask. I know i got everything in so im not gonna worry about it.

Those statuses mean nothing. In the past, we've all seen different updates with "Under Review" or "Complete" and then switch back and forth.

The only ones you need to look for are "Invited for Interview" and "Accepted".

Best of luck!

I agree that the statuses are useless. Anytime something significant happens (interview offers, acceptances) schools tend to notify you first and foremost directly via email.