Application submission vs. wait it out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

savealifeDO

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have finished everything on my application as of last night,BUT, I'm still waiting on one of my letters of rec to be submitted via Interfolio. I'm wondering if I should submit my appication to the schools I want to apply to first or should I wait til I get that last letter? I have heard of people submitting their application early without MCAT results so I was wondering if this sort of situation would work the same way. Thanks all!
 
Submit your AACOMAS now and do the Interfolio stuff later. The status of one is not directly linked to the other. It's taking some people about 8 weeks to get verified now, so get on that as soon as possible. Schools will use your letters of recommendation and your secondary to decide if they want to give you an interview. So if everything on your AACOMAS is good to go, I'd say submit today.
 
Submit it.

The letters don't have to be in before you submit the primary app. I don't even have a phsyician agreeing to write a letter, and I'm planning to click submit sometime this evening.