1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Application Suggestions???

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by freedyx3, Jun 1, 2002.

1. freedyx3

freedyx3 I'm Columbian
    7+ Year Member

Hi

Just wondering if you guys can please recommend a few schools that I should apply to that will be safe bets, and a few schools that are a long shot. :confused:

Here are my stats

GPA=~3.4
    Science GPA=~3
    -Volunteer experience in hospital ER and currently volunteering in Dental department in hospital
    -Many exec board positions in diff school organizations including prez of predent society
    -I helped to make my predent society a chapter of ASDA
    -I attend Tufts and I'm a NY resident

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Blue Tooth

Blue Tooth Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You really need to have DAT scores up too. If I remember correctly, you haven't taken them yet but a 23/23 opens up chances at a lot more schools than a 19/19 so you really need them to complete the picture.

4. space kacy

space kacy Member
    7+ Year Member

I think if you read this forum long enough, you will find that there really are no "safe bets. There's just so many factors. I definitely think you should apply to Tufts and the NY schools. I think they won't be as critical because you go to Tufts and you're a resident of NY. Apply early! That's your best bet. Trust me.

5. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Boston U. 1/3 acceptance rate